UK Fabrications - Derby
Established in 1977, the site has grown to its present size through organic growth and continual investment in new technologies. With manufacturing techniques including sheet metal working, laser cutting, welding and heat treatment and a customer portfolio including world leading aerospace manufacturers and universities, the site is a leading player in the Aerospace fabrication space.
Derby’s experienced engineering teams work closely with its customers during new product introduction. Through this collaborative engagement we’re able to offer the optimum solution for the customer, that not only addresses cost and time pressures but also reduces risk through to production, solving issues early in the process so products are delivered right first time. Over several years Derby have had in excess of 500 products qualified by the customer for production on an annual basis which gives testament to the technical and project management experience the site and Group prides itself on.
- Engineering Software: Unigraphics NX, Autocad
- Cutting: Laser, flat profiling
- Forming: CNC Press Brake, Hydraulic press, Rolling to 10mm thickness
- Joining: TIG weld, Resistance weld, Micro Spot weld, MIG weld, Torch Brazing, Cold bonding, Mechanical (bolting, Riveting)
- EDM: Wire up to 600mm x 400mm x 425mm
- Milling: CNC, capable up to 4 axis up to 1000mm x 510mm x 500mm
- Turning: CNC, multiple axis with live tools, up to 380mm OD. Bar feeding capability
- Parts Finishing: Polishing, Deburring, Barrelling, Blasting
- Heat Treatment: 2 Vacuum furnaces up to 750 mm x 750mm x 1000mm
- Testing: NDT (FPI)
- Part Marking: 2-D Dot Peen, Electro-Etch, Inkjet
- Inspection: CMM’s running PC-DMIS